Air pressure is one of the important things to maintain in the tires of the bike, remember a low air pressure increases the chances of puncture as well as reduces the efficiency of the bike. One has to put in more effort for the forward movement of the bike if the air pressure in the tire is less. Thus, it is advisable to maintain the air pressure in your bike. If you own a bike, then you must also think of purchasing an air pump for your bike. Having an air pump will help you to fill in air in the tires before leaving the house every morning. Bike pumps are easily available online. Thus, you can search the web or can visit Pumps for Bikes for purchasing the one that fits your requirement or the budget.
Consider the following factors
If you are stepping forward to purchase air pump for your bike, then there are various factors that you need to consider. Some of the factors to consider are listed below –
- Consider the Pressure required – at first you need to consider the pressure requirement of your tires. Remember that you will probably not require a pressure as high as 260psi. Thus, consider your pressure needs before selecting the pump.
- Gauge – you generally do not find gauge with smaller pumps. Gauge helps you to ensure that you opt for inflating your tire to the pressure recommended on the side wall of the tire. It is advisable to select the pump with gauge which is easily readable. You can also opt for the electrical gauge for easy reading and more accuracy.
- Base of the pump – you will generally come across a foldable and a fixed base. The fixed base provides for more stability and helps you to use the air pump quite effectively and easily. On the contrary, the foldable base offers easy and compact storage.
- Material of the pump – you can easily find the pumps made via different materials such as metal alloy, plastic etc. Plastic pumps are durable, inexpensive as well as have non-replaceable parts. Thus, consider the type of material before purchasing the air pump.
- Type of the pump – one of the most important things that you need to consider is the type of the pump you should purchase. There are wide ranges of options available in the market such as electric pump, hand pump, stand pump, CO2 inflator etc. Each type of pump has its own pros and cons. Thus, educate yourself with the pros and cons of many and then select the one considering your need and the budget.